Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Provide outstanding customer service
· Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities
· Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio
· Perform preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment
· Track Installed Base (serviceable assets)
· Submit Opportunity Detected during his/her interventions
· Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to: electrical switchgear, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, security, access control, CCTV and fire alarm and suppression systems…
· Leads or contributes to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, etc)
· Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements
· Perform basic audits of customer's electrical systems and equipment
· Document all required information for each site (technical report)
· Get signature from customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work
· Provide daily and accurate time and expense for each customer intervention
· Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of equipment to the designated disposal/repair location
· Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up
· Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipment upgrades that will meet customer needs
· Assist Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance
· Works with Sales and looks for other opportunities outside current scope of work
· Is in permanent relation with his/her planner/coordinator for smooth execution of his/her intervention
· Will escalate to FS technical expert in the countries as needed when unable to solve a technical issue
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Can remotely investigate the origin of the breakdown and submit fixes (in a service bureau for example)
Ideal candidate profile
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you have:
· High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory. Knowledge of HVAC systems and applicable application software knowledge is preferred
· Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of other team members
· Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
· Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
· Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
· Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
· Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
· Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds
· Familiarization in preparing MOPs is a plus and candidate must adhere to the strict guidelines of approved Methods of Procedures (MOPs)
· Verifiable hands-on technical work experience required
· Certification needed according to Business and Country where he is operating
· Relevant experience with critical systems infrastructure equipment (i.e. electrical switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, fire detection/suppression or building monitoring systems)
· Clear verbal and written communication skills
· Possess a valid driver's license
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.