Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is accountable for performing a variety of engineering work which may be related to applications; electrical/electronics; mechanical; manufacturing; quality; safety, health & environmental; or software. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors.
· Design of low and medium-voltage switchgear assemblies/systems and associated equipment in compliance with IEEE/ANSI, IEC, and NEC/NFPA 70E standards.
· Design and coordination of electrical control and protection schemes for low and medium-voltage switchgear equipment, including interfaces & interconnections for new, existing, retrofill and/or retrofit applications.
· Design & technical support of protective relaying schemes for short circuit, coordination & arc flash studies.
· Management of overall project delivery and production/installation schedule, including: initial quotation technical support, customer interaction and correspondence, generation of electrical Bill of Materials (BOMs), production & on-site drawing/instruction packages, factory/on-site Acceptance Test Plans (ATPs), O&M manuals, submittals/deliverables & project close-out, and final job cost analysis.
· Leading on-site installation, start-up and commissioning of switchgear line-ups and sub-assemblies for high-demand industrial facilities (data centers, water treatment, production lines, etc.) - as required
· Support of Production & Quality Assurance teams for manufacturing excellence.
· Perform site visits, conducting assessments of the condition and ratings of the existing equipment along with taking measurements of the equipment.
Additional future responsibilities include but not limited to: developing engineering solutions for the custom medium voltage and low voltage switchgear and switchboards; equipment retrofills and replacements.
Ideal candidate profile
This job might be for you if:
· Recent Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
· Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
· Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate on design and project work.
· Internship experience in related field and leadership experience is a plus
· Knowledge of electrical distribution products and electrical distribution industry is a plus
· Proficiency with Office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
· Open to relocation is a plus, this varies based on the position
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.