Materials Operations is a regulatory compliant service operation that is responsible for the safe and secure, Receipt, Storage, Shipping and Transport of Sanofi materials and products. Materials Operations is also responsible for supply chain security compliance, hazardous materials, import/export, inventory management & control, warehouse operations and other value-added logistics
The Material Handler II is responsible for the compliant movement and control of material in the warehouse. Additionally, the Material Handler II executes the appropriate inventory transaction for each material movement.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Pick, Pack, and Shipment preparation according to specific SOP's.
• Prepare validated active and passive shipping containers utilizing dry ice, gel bricks, coolers, and other cold chain technologies.
• Store, transfer, and distribute material according to specific material requirements.
• Complete complex shipments and associated documentation / transportation paperwork.
• Operates all manual and automated material handling equipment including Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) to transport controlled and indirect materials within a GMP warehouse environment.
• Proactively identify and report safety and compliance concerns.
• Loads and unloads trucks in a safe manner compliant with company, local, state and federal regulations.
• Verifies count and condition of material. Prepares Hazmat shipping documents.
• Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods.
• Responsible for ensuring inventory accuracy by performing timely, accurate, and appropriate system transactions to match every physical material movement
• Physically receive material from suppliers and other Sanofi sites, parcel carriers, couriers, LTL trucks.
• Checks receipts against BOL for accuracy noting any damage or discrepancies, ability to notify appropriate management personnel.
• Load carts, pallets and trucks for product movement.
• Conduct cycle count procedures and support inventory control functions.
• Operate systems and equipment in strict accordance with current GMP's, SOP's, and safety guidelines.
HS Diploma or GED with 1-3 years' experience
Must maintain the eligibility requirements to operate a powered industrial truck (PIT) within Sanofi Network
Basic Math and PC Skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience with the Bio-Pharma Industry and with cGXP requirements
Experience operating Powered Industrial Trucks (reach trucks, order pickers, and fork lifts) within an warehouse setting
Experience shipping products in a warehouse environment (DOT/IATA)
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.