THIS WILL BE A 2ND OR 3RD SHIFT POSITION.
**Training will be on 1st shift for about 6 months**
Summary of purpose/major responsibilities:
· The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of FFIP equipment in order to maintain a quality Class A environment in GMP facilities at the Swiftwater site.
· This position reports to and supports the area team Maintenance Manager or Deputy Director who is ultimately responsible for the efficient, effective, and reliable operation of all equipment in their area.
· The Maintenance Technician will have interactions with all levels of the organization including HSE, Industrial Operations, Engineering, contractors, R&D, Mtech, and various other support groups.
Context of the job/major challenges:
· The Maintenance Technician is a member of a FFIP maintenance team that supports GMP and/or non GMP areas at the Swiftwater site.
· The ability to multi task, troubleshoots, evaluate and repair site wide equipment is critical to the success of this role and the maintenance department. This position requires the technician to work on intricate and site specific equipment and systems. The equipment and systems include both GMP and non GMP areas.
· The 7/24 GMP production environment requires maintenance technicians to work up to 25% overtime with short notice and working various shifts depending on business needs and production cycles.
· The Maintenance Technician interfaces closely with the customer to provide reliable, safe, and efficient equipment operation and uptime.
· The Maintenance Technician has the ability to influence and impact the Technical Services maintenance and contractor spending budgets with the recommendations and decisions that are made to repair and/or replace faulty equipment.
· The Maintenance Technician also has the ability to influence and impact the productivity and efficiency of manufacturing operations and other site support functions with the recommendations and decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment or facilities.
· The work performed by the Maintenance Technician and documentation of this work has a direct impact on the manufacturing operations and quality results of the site.
· High School diploma or GED required
· • Minimum of 5 years' maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
· • Understanding of mechanical, electrical, PLC's, automation, motion control.
· Associates degree in a specific trade program
· Preventive maintenance and repairs on industrial and process equipment including but not limited to the following:
· Air Handling Unit Operations
· Tensioning of belts and alignment
· Knowledge of VFD's, VAV's,
· Knowledge of steam principals
· PLC's and chart recorders
· Clean rooms and air balancing
· Pump repairs, rebuilds, replacement
· Motor replacement and alignment
· Schematics and the ability to read blueprints
· Electricity including single phase and 3 phase 480V
· Replacement of valves and piping system repairs
· Knowledge of SAP
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.