· Job facts
At Roche, we believe every employee makes a difference. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives. We believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. We are looking for new innovative Enterprise Architect (EA) and leader to work in our Global Enterprise Architecture Team to develop and maintain Cloud Computing and Management strategies. This includes engaging with a wide range of partners to guide them in making the right investments in technology and innovation. In this role you will provide technology strategy and architecture leadership and direction to the Roche Group worldwide. You will have direct impact on the future direction of Roche Cloud and Compute Infrastructure environment, addressing emerging business needs with innovative application of state-of-the-art capabilities. You will lead the positive cultural change for cloud adoption, develop and coordinate cloud architecture, and develop a cloud strategy and adaptation process.
Your main responsibilities will be:
· Deliver clear value-based technology strategies and roadmaps to support our IT Business Partners to dedicatedly respond to digital transformation and disruption
· Provide insights and input for better decision-making to help build the capabilities required by our IT Partners and consumers of our services
· Lead and encourage the technology transformation from roadmap to realization by conducting assessments, innovation and prioritizing standards
· Assess technologies and trends in a methodical way to ensure insights based recommendations that fit the Roche environment. Analyze current technology environment to identify deficiencies and recommending solutions, as well as staying abreast of emerging security technologies and trends and apply them where appropriate
· Facilitate engagement and foster collaboration with architecture partners to ensure consistency in direction and decision-making
Furthermore, you will:
· Create compelling presentations to articulate the technical strategies, architecture and roadmaps to various levels in the organization
· Work with Roche Science Infrastructure group to define the strategies and principles that guide technology decisions for the enterprise for scientific computing and analysis
· Support Contract and vendor negotiation for external cloud services (hosting and sourcing), including negotiation, relationship management, tracking, troubleshooting and reporting
· Consult on technical architecture implementation activities with all partners and Solution Owners to ensure alignment. Handle and work with Engineering on the evaluation and selection of Cloud related technologies and products.
· Identify the organizational, operational sustainability and financial impacts of defined strategies; analyze gaps to create a risk profile for the proposed strategy.
We believe to be successful in this position you'll need:
· A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and certified in multiple Cloud areas (desired). Ideally, you have strong business knowledge in the Pharma/Biotech industry and associated processes and you bring the following qualifications:
· 10 to 15 years of experience in Compute and Cloud infrastructure with medium to large global enterprises with global geographical topologies
· Deep expertise in scalable and hybrid compute infrastructure design and delivery (including compute, storage, network), hybrid-cloud infrastructures, Cloud Security, Cloud Management Platforms, Data Protection, automation and orchestration frameworks, service-oriented architecture, network development and monitoring, containers
· Practical experience in cloud adoption, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring across public, private and hybrid cloud deployments. Use business knowledge and financial skills to create the business case for cloud deployments, including return on investment and efficiency measures
· Experienced communication and consulting skills; able to build strong relationships with customers, partners, and infrastructure teams.
What else should be in your toolbox?
· Solid experience with Application architecture, integration tools and services, open source languages and tools, open standards
· Good understanding of security and compliance as related to Cloud, especially data protection and governance
· Accomplished in framing an enterprise IT architecture, confirmed to deliver robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive global business objectives
· Ability to review proposed solution architectures, identify risks and provide remediation recommendations in line with established standards and overall Cloud strategies
· Effectively engage partners at all levels and promote candid communication in the creation of strategies and roadmaps; able to influence and negotiate with business and IT Partners.
We are searching for someone who is active and influencing in your area of expertise; who is able to act fast and make quick decisions while taking risks. You enjoy challenges, think in opportunities and solutions, not only in threats.
You are constantly looking for innovative ways to do things and opportunities for improvement and are able to live in ambiguity while reacting positively in constantly changing business environments.
You understand the critical importance of diversity and take advantage to build stronger strategies. Be a great collaborator.
Excellent English communication skills and understanding of what information is required by whom, when and how is mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Architecture
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.