Are you passionate about the science behind products? Do you want to develop innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for!
What to Expect :
This is a very unique opportunity to join the Gillette Shave Care business within the UK Process and Engineering team. You will be responsible for working the interface between R&D and manufacturing. You will be responsible for designing, installing and qualifying equipment to make Gillette plastic injection moulded components. Gillette moulds are high cavitation, close tolerance and fast cycling injection mould tools and the successful candidate would be responsible for leading the development and manufacturing implementation of complex moulding systems to deliver projects in line with the program success criteria.
Daily work includes :
· Working with cross functional teams to deliver multi component product launches and effectively collaborating with internal peers and suppliers to define the best solution for the business on all success criteria.
· Generating detailed functional specifications which includes technology search, decision matrix assessment and making recommendations on the best value option.
· Managing both technical and physical scope of moulding equipment during the complete design, manufacture, debug and implementation and commissioning phases both at vendors and receiving sites globally with potential extensive travel.
· Effectively managing project communications with all levels of our internal organisation and externally with global suppliers and manufacturing sites/customers.
· Participating in and leading detailed peer and customer design reviews ensuring that proposed solutions meet with Moulding technical standards including platforming standards.
· Developing and following project plans including detailed milestone setting and timeline generation to ensure key milestones are met in line with overall program timings.
What we offer you
Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
Dynamic and respectful work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Continuous coaching. You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
Benefits. You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including a competitive pension, share ownership scheme and private healthcare
Requirements for the role :
· Fluency in English
· Mould making or mould design experience, apprenticeship and / or an engineering or technical degree alternative (Msc/Bsc)
· Knowledge of plastic injection moulding, associated systems and processes
· Ability to handle multiple projects and to use data, judgment and technical knowledge to identify issues/risks and develop plans to evaluate options, recommend solutions and make decisions.
· Willingness to travel globally for periods of up to 3 weeks at a time.
Good to Know
P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have one of the strongest portfolio’s of loved and trusted brands such as Braun®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Aussie®, Oral-B®, and Pampers®.
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers
At P&G #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
England, United Kingdom Job Type: Full-time Req No: ENG00002175