A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Utility Operator is responsible for general packaging and other basic production duties as assigned.
· Moving packaged product off the production lines
· Reading and verifying date codes
· Packing off of the lines
· Counting bones
· Feeding bags onto the line
· Inserting promotional materials into product packages
· Making boxes/trays
· Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
· Active participation in the Safety Programs
· Ability to work in a self-directed manner with a positive attitude.
· Demonstrate a food safety quality culture in actions, words and spirit.
· General packaging and other productions duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Basic math and measuring skills
· Basic reading and demonstrated ability to understand and execute work directives communicated in English
· General organization skills
· Manual dexterity
· Attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Familiarity with industrial environment
· Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
· Must be able to work under stressful conditions such as heat, cold, high, and/or confined spaces and have full mobility to climb stairs and ladders
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineering