A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Job Title: Utility Maintenance Lead
Technical Manufacturing Role
# of Reports :
Travel Required :
· Responsible for leading all maintenance activities for utilities areas of the plant, flawlessly executing planned maintenance shutdowns, leading all area technical continuous improvement and minimizing daily downtime.
· Leads PM and predictive maintenance programs, line maintenance shutdowns, and run-time preventative maintenance
· Directly responsible for effective and efficient utilization of all maintenance resources allocated to the area; primary ownership of area maintenance budget
· Improves current system capability/stability through root cause failure and breakdown analysis
· Engages operators and technicians to develop solutions and prioritize actions
· Leads small minor capital projects as the technical expert in area and participates in large capital projects including CVS participation to ensure ongoing maintenance needs and integration with existing systems
· Supports shift based technicians with technical information and expertise in area
· Accountability for parts inventory for area
Key Lateral Responsibilities
· Maintenance Team
· Area Team
· CVS and Engineering Team
· External Regulatory Agencies (ie. TSSA, Region of Peel, Insurance Co.)
Key Critical Competencies (Functional or Leadership)
· High mechanical aptitude
· Significant leadership capability
· Project/Budget Management
· Coaching & Developing
· Conflict management
Key Technical Knowledge and Skills
· Minimum Secondary School diploma and Post Secondary Education in a technical field
· Recognized trade certificate/license (2 nd class power engineer)
· Safe work practices with equipment, materials, automation, etc.
· Proven ability to optimize equipment to meet or exceed product specifications, schedule, and planned rates
· Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Organizational and time management skills
· Knowledge of food safety, HACCP, ISO, materials conversion
Critical Learning Experiences
· 5-10 years of manufacturing experience as licensed 2 nd or 3 rd class power engineer with significant understanding manufacturing operations
· Demonstrated ability to continuously improve an area/equipment operation
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering