A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Machine Operator- 8 Hour Shifts
The Wrigley - Gainesville factory in Flowery Branch, GA has openings for a Machine Operators in our Packaging department.
Machine Operators are responsible for operating PLC driven state of the art high-speed wrapping machinery with attached automatic boxing-off or bagging units.
· The Machine Operator will continuously supply the wrapping machine with the appropriate finished product and wrapping materials to keep the machine running.
· The Machine Operator must meet productivity requirements on a daily basis.
· The Machine Operator operates the wrapping machine with minimal waste to finished product and packaging material.
· The Machine Operator frequently performs quality assurance checks throughout the day, inspecting for packaging defects, material defects and gum quality.
· Without guidance, the Machine Operator troubleshoots machinery breakdowns, cleans machine jams and aligns rolls of wrapping materials in an effort to minimize downtimes and promote productivity.
· With guidance from a mechanic, the Machine Operator helps troubleshoot more complex machinery breakdowns and repairs.
· The Machine Operator is required to perform periodic Autonomous Maintenance activities on the Wrapping Machine to ensure that it is always performing at peak efficiencies.
· Hourly count reports of production, downtime and waste amounts are kept by the Machine Operator.
· The Machine Operator performs general housekeeping duties around the machine such as sweeping floors, cleaning machine parts, supply tables, gum tables, etc.
· The Machine Operator must have the knowledge to independently operate a wrapping machine and produce a quality gum product in a team-based environment.
· This position may be required to provide backup coverage for a Material Supply - Gum position when needed.
· The Material Supply - Gum position provides gu
frequent lifting/carrying of rolls of wrapping materials (25 lbs.)
frequent handling/gripping of gum and wrapping materials
occasional gripping and handling of carts and buckets with a maximum weight of 55 - 65 lbs.
occasional lifting of trays and buckets with an average weight of 15 to 66 lbs.
occasional pushing/pulling of gum and gum cart with an average force of 11 - 55 lbs.
Independently operate a high speed wrapping machines meeting all safety, quality and productivity requirements.
Participate as a team player in accomplishing all company goals and objectives
High school diploma or equivalent.
2+ years of experience operating and maintaining high speed production machinery
This position requires a Work Keys Certification and successful completion of the standard timing model assessment
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Gainesville GA
Job Segment: Quality Assurance, Technology