A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Position Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Office and Facilities Manager
Location: Germantown, MD
Purpose of Role
This role provides high caliber executive administrative support to the Mars Symbioscience General Manager ensuring they have the necessary support to function efficiently on a daily basis to meet the business goals. This role is also responsible for providing back-up coverage to the administrative team as requested by Manager. The vision for the team’s Executive Administrative Assistant is to exceed expectations in all tasks through dedication in the Five Principles of Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom.
· Plan detailed domestic and international travel itineraries which may include airfare, rail, ground transportation, hotel reservations, car rental, etc.
· Coordinate and schedule all meetings, events, teleconferences and video conferences and ensure communication is disseminated to all relevant participating parties. Coordination may include drafting agendas, reserving conference rooms, providing meeting supplies, ordering lunches, editing powerpoint presentations.
· Provide general administrative support such as filing, faxing, mailing, fedexing and photo-copying.
· Process and review expense reports.
· Process visas and passport renewals.
· Record meeting minutes in meetings.
· Provide back-up coverage to the reception desk.
· Provide backup administrative coverage in the absence of other team members.
· Provide support on administrative team projects which may include: taking lead on some projects as well as planning office events such as holiday party or other social gatherings, organizing desk space for new hires, etc.
· Manage the flow of logistical information amongst executives and MSS leadership team as well as keep all abreast of pertinent meetings, teleconferences and imperative deadline dates.
· Provide administrative support such as with meeting scheduling and ordering lunches.
· Other duties as assigned by the Office and Facilities Manager.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· Must gain an in depth understanding of the business needs and goals as well as executive administrative practices.
· Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically in Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills as the incumbent will have extensive contact with associates from other Mars business units at a variety of functional levels as well as external partners.
· Must have exceptionally strong attention to details skills.
· Must be flexible regarding work schedule including overtime.
· Minimum of 4+ years administrative experience, preferably experience supporting senior executives.
· Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, highly collaborative working environment.
· A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
· High Degree diploma required with 5+ years of administrative experience
· 10% - Traveling to McLean, VA
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Administrative