6-month Internship | From January to June 2021 | Paris area | Master 1 or 2 | Between 1250€ - 1550€ monthly based on study level | 10 opportunities
First things first:
· Where will you work? Paris Area (Levallois-Perret)
· When will you start? In January 2021
· How long will it last? 6 months
· How much will you earn? Between 1250 - 1550€/month
L'Oréal, yes but do you really know us?
Yes, we know that you think you know L’Oréal - you might even think of red lipstick and high-heels. Well, for those of you who did, let us tell you one thing: that’s not who we are and that’s not what we are looking for. Truth be told more than 40% of our French work force is masculin (and most of us are wearing sneakers by the way)!
What you do need is a passion for people, pace and a visionary mindset on how to disrupt the #future!
Now, let’s talk numbers :
· Our position : No. 1 - L’Oréal is the the leader worldwide in the cosmetics industry
· Our turnover : 26,9 Billion Euros of consolidated turnover
· Our reach : we are present in 150 countries
· Our strength : 86,000 passionate employees and 36 international brands
· Our commitment : Global environment leader with triple A score in climate change, water security and forests (given by the CDP)
You thought that it is not possible to be an entrepreneur in a big group? Well, let us prove you otherwise!
Dive into the life of one division!
As a pure player, L’Oréal intends to offer the right product to the right consumer, through different paths. Whether you like to buy your beauty products in supermarkets, pharmacies, hairdressers, perfumeries or even online, L’Oréal will have a various range of products to propose to you. During your internship, you will have the chance to discover the secrets of a division and the reasons for its success:
· Consumer Product Division : embrace the universe of a fast-paced environment which accounts for 50% of L’Oréal turnover and have an impact on the products you will see on the shelves of your next-door supermarket
· Luxury division : high-quality formulas, breath-taking experiences, premium and personalized products are the key for the timeless success of our 22 international luxury brands
· Active cosmetics division : health is the future of beauty. Turning science into beauty is the mantra of our 6 Active Cosmetics brands, and this has been made possible thanks to our powerful innovation & the passion of our professional experts such as dermatologists, pharmacists and medical advisers.
· Professional Products Division : the historical division of L’Oréal is now all about transformation, disruptive trends and colorful creativity. Our brands from Professional Products Division live through the expertise of our hair dressers & beauty specialists, distributing our 10 diverse brands through beauty and hair salons
So what does your job look like?
Within the commercial department of a division, you will work on one of the two following missions:
1. Business analyst
If you have strong analytical skills and enjoy understanding the numbers to make the best recommandations, this mission is for you! You will have a real impact on the optimisation and the monitoring of our sales results and will become an expert of the cosmetics industry and its evolution.
Follow up of the key indicators of performance (turnover, market shares, profitability of different categories...)
Market analysis and follow up using different panels and tools
Analysis of the different actions put in place and recommandation for improvement (launches, promotions...)
2. Category Management
As a Category Manager assistant, you will be the expert of one dedicated category. You will have the global view of how our categories are displayed in retailers, and how they are doing accordingly.
Establishing merchandising diagnostic on a dedicated category of products with different analytical tools (panels)
Construction and recommandation of new merchandizing plans to better align with brands strategies
Follow up on performance indicators to help Key Account Managers in their negociations
3. Sales & business development
With your entrepreneurship spirit, you will help in increasing our sales results and will be led to find creative solutions to help our sales force to maintain our positions. You will develop your reactivity, your creativity, as well as your ability to work in a team!
Become the main point of contact for our sales force
Development and optimization of the different tools used by the latter to sell our innovations and gain market shares on point of sales
Creation of sales pitches and presentations with marketing teams
· A Master student (Cesure or Fin d’études) - No marge of negotiation on this one! Able to provide an internship agreement of 6 months issued by your school - no negotiation either!
· Creative Entrepreneur: courageous and adventurous. Every single day, you spot opportunities to shake things up and change the world for the better. There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it yourself!
· People oriented. You’re not afraid of new ways of doing things or of other people’s (sometimes crazy) ideas. Here, we cherish and celebrate diversity so you’ll feel right at home whoever you are.
· Respectful. Whether you’re talking to our CEO (this can happen! ) or a salon owner round the block, you treat everyone the same.
· Willingness to own the strategic level direction whilst maintaining a passion for grass-roots
· Critical thinking with strong decision-making abilities
· Confidence in a fast-paced and ever-changing dynamic environment
· Strong capability with quantitative and qualitative measures
You are Inspired? Great, here are now the next steps...
· You will talk to MYA, our trusted chatbot to make sure you fulfill the necessary elements
· You will answer 3 competency-based questions with Seedlink , our artificial intelligence tool, enabling us to see your cultural fit with L’Oréal (candidats having answered Seedlink are prioritized).
· Exploratory HR Interview (Individual or Collective). Whether it is an Assessment Centre or an individual interview, it is always an exploratory discussion. The recruiter will guide you into a broad conversation to get to know you better and to spot the métier, division, brand and mission in which you will be able to better express your potential.
· Operational interview with your potential future manager(s) to convince them that you are the best fit! It is also a great occasion to ask questions on what your tasks will be exactly, the team spirit and what how this internship will develop your competencies.
Go go go! We can't wait to meet you!