You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
The engagement analyst (EA) role will support their local office leadership in achieving key business metrics. EAs report to the Office Manager that oversees the Delivery Centre and are aligned with particular business functions.
EAs will work in conjunction with the roles of the centralized IBS Delivery Centres focusing on Billing and Engagement management to ensure that the integrity of the data remains strong, firm members are well supported in understanding and processing complex transactions, and the firm leadership has the best possible financial information to properly evaluate the performance of their respective business units.
What you will do:
· The engagement analyst will be responsible for assisting with the set-up and processing of all complex transactions within the IBS environment. These might include consolidated billings (normal and manual), monitoring/processing clients with multiple engagements and large billings as well as National Accounts. It would also include regular reporting of these types of accounts to all responsible for the client(s).
· The engagement analyst will conduct various analyses with respect to significant client accounts as requested. The engagement analyst will also be responsible for any non-ordinary types of transactions within the IBS environment, billing maintenance and communication of the transactions to the affected partners/managers in a regular and timely manner.
· The engagement analyst will be responsible for the training of Billing Analysts with respect to the IBS billing system as well as being a source of reference for the Administrative assistants with respect to any other IBS and Hana reporting related matters.
· The engagement analyst would also be a reference person for partners/managers in working with and learning new financial management tools as they are introduced.
· The engagement analyst will be responsible for the monitoring of local office/product lockup (A/R and WIP inventory) and the reporting of same to local office leadership as well as the respective partners and managers. The engagement analyst role would also include regular reviewing and interpretation of standardized exception reports and the reporting of their findings to local leadership. An example of this could be reporting large unbilled WIP that would be brought to the attention to the appropriate leaders on a regular basis with appropriate follow-up.
· Special reporting on an ad-hoc basis utilizing enhanced reporting technologies being developed will also be a component of the role based on requests from the various FAs, National Finance, risk management, local offices, products and leaders to help them better manage their businesses. A regular part of the role would also be investigating and solving problems within the IBS environment. The engagement analyst would also need to regularly review IBS daily reporting information to ensure compliance with local office policies with respect to share-and-share alike, minimum ERPs and closeouts with large impacts.
· The engagement analyst will also be working with FAs to regularly review the integrity of the data. This would include regularly reviewing the proper coding of engagement products, service codes, US reporting requirements, YE Reporting requirements, and periodic WIP and A/R valuations. Keys to your success:
· Post secondary education in Business, Finance or Accounting is an asset
· Strong knowledge of accounting required; enrollment in a designation program is an asset
· Working knowledge of SAP is an asset
· Technology savvy and willing to learn
· Flexible and adaptable
· Strong interpersonal and client service skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Location Calgary, AB ,Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Category Administrative Support Service Line Client Administration ,Industry Not Applicable