Warehouse Operations Supervisor
Rialto, CA USA
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
• Orderly stacking of product.
• Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
• Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
• Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
• Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
• Maintain product locator system. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
• Rotate product as appropriate.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
• Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
• Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
• Must be familiar with international shipping and documentation
Your skills and experience
• Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
• Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
• Successful communication - written and verbal • Establish priorities and multi-task
• Possess professional business demeanor
• Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req36092
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.