Warehouse Forklift Operator
Your tasks and responsibilities
The forklift operator is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reaches truck, order picker, pallet jack or other heavy material handling equipment as required. The forklift operator is also responsible for receiving, storing, picking, packing, verification, shipping and other various duties as assigned to ensure the full and efficient operation of the National Distribution Center.
Your skills and experience
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Use MHE to load and unload designated trailers
• Move product manually as required
• Verify and receive materials into inventory
• Duties may also include palletizing and shrik wrap
• Use MHE to move and store materials within the warehouse
• ‘Use MHE to pick, verify and pack orders according to to operational standard practice
• Use MHE or other designated equipment to load goods into trailers or other transport vehicles used for distribution
• Conduct Pre and Post audits of MHE
• Ability to lift heavy materials
• Ability to stand, bend, and lift for extended amounts of time
• Adhere to Kuehne + Nagel's Quality, Safety, Health and Environment Program polices and procedures.
• Perform other job duties as needed
• High School Education or Equivalent
• SAP experience preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Telecommunication experience preferred
• Ability to read labels and numbers
• 1 year forklift experience required
• Demonstrated attention to detail
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req22136
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.