There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Urbandale
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Test Automation Engineer (Entry-Level) - 60879
As an entry-level Test Automation Engineer , for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG-Urbandale) , you will be a member of a team that is creating high-tech precision agriculture software in a variety of applications. As a member of this team, you will:
· Understand the requirements of software features and determine the best way to automate the testing of those features.
· Help the team make design decisions that will promote our goals for testability.
· Organize the automation effort for the team and track the progress of the test plan.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
· Experience with software product development through practical work experiences, internships or academic experience
· Experience in the Python programming language
· Experience in roles that required demonstration of excellent communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· Experience developing Linux software applications
· Experience in other scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Bash, etc.)
· Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and software test automation
· Experience testing complex software features
· Experience and expertise with C++ (including modern C++ syntax, patterns, practices)
· Experience in Java application development
· Experience or training with multi-threaded systems
· Experience with Agile software development processes
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Des Moines
Job Segment: Agricultural, Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Agriculture, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology