There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Structural Engineer - 60686
As a Structural Engineer for John Deere Construction and Forestry (C&F) located in Dubuque, IA, you will design structural and sheet metal components for Excavator Machine forms. The development will be done in a PDP Team Environment that this engineer will be a member of and will be expected to provide leadership for in their functional area. In addition, you will:
· Be a member of the PDP team will include members from Deere Dubuque, Deere Pune, Deere Tianjin and various outside suppliers
· Support Production launches, PDP Physical Builds at our China factory and problem resolution in the field
· Interact with the finite element analysis group in the process of verifying and optimizing designs
· Contribute to product design guidelines for Excavators
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Basic design skills in the area of structures or sheet metal design
· Experience with 3D modeling packages and modeling tools
· Strong communication, organization and leadership skills
· Ability and willingness to work outside of core business hours due to the international aspects of the product program
· Ability to travel up to 25% both domestic and internationally
What Makes You Stand Out
· Direct excavator machine form experience
· Experience designing sheet metal enclosures
· Basic understanding of GD&T
· Mandarin language skills
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Dubuque
Job Segment: Structural Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Engineering