There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Primary Location: Mexico (MX)
- Nuevo León (MX-NLE)
- Garza Garcia
Function: Product Engineering
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company’s portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it’s been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company’s 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere’s ongoing investment in emerging markets.
· This position will be working at the John Deere Mexico Engineering Center.
· Participate as a member of the Diagnostic Development Team to understand and contribute to the requirements, definition and design of the system and associated Workflow.
· Develop in-depth technical knowledge of Diagnostics principles, configuration and tools to help integrate and apply the Diagnostics process and workflow to the consumers within the Enterprise.
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert and POC for Diagnostics questions and defects. Align issues and defects with root causes and resolutions from the Diagnostics Design Team, Workflow, or Toolchain as appropriate.
· As a subject matter expert, teach and mentor development teams in Diagnostics principles and application. Provide technical support to delivery teams applying Diagnostics.
· Accountable for achieving an effective Diagnostics Design and Workflow that meets consumer needs for capability, usability and efficiency.
· Champion the Workflow review and release process.
· Lead in the development of training modules to support the deployment of workflow to platform consumers.
· Provide input to Diagnostics design requirements and tool needs in support of the platform consumer needs and constraints.
What Skills You Need:
· An excellent communicator with the ability to effectively interface with Enterprise stakeholders and suppliers.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflict and gain consensus
· Willingness and ability to travel – primarily the domestic U.S. – to interface with product teams in face to face workshops
· 3+ years on Product Engineering experience related to designing and testing embedded electronic systems for mobile equipment.
· 3+ years of Embedded Software system design experience.
· Ability to perform under pressure and manage moderately complex and simultaneous projects and priorities
· Capable of driving a closed loop corrective action process, including rigorous root cause analysis
· Effective time management & organizational skills, able to operate independently and exert influence without authority.
· Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
What Makes You Stand Out:
· Experience with Vector toolsets, such as PREEvision
· Systems Engineering Education, training or experience
· Knowledge of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and Enterprise Technology Development process (ETDP)
· Multiplex communication & diagnostic design experience. Specifically with CAN, ISO11783, J1939 and UDS Diagnostics and AUTOSAR
B.S. Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Digital Systems, and Robotics Engineering or equivalent experience.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
John Deere--a proven business leader-- watch your potential grow.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have the necessary work permits to work in the country.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Engineer, Construction, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Agriculture, Engineering