There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
NOTE: This position may be located in Waterloo, IA or Cary, NC per the hiring manager's discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate's background, experience, and proficiency.
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Engineering Supervisor - 51318
As a Software Engineering Supervisor , for John Deere's Enterprise Electronics Group (EEG), you will provide technical leadership and talent development for a team of Software Engineers. In addition, you will:
· Lead and support Agile teams to design and test software embedded into Deere's vehicles to help our customers optimize job performance, provide precision machine control, and enhance the user's experience.
· Lead and support your software teams planning, execution, and delivery for vehicle product delivery programs.
· Work in a dynamic work teaming environment with global team members.
· Supervisor engineers which may include systems engineers, software architects, software engineers and software test engineers.
· Lead and mentor members of your software team on engineering practices and career development.
· Provides technical support to non-software groups including marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
· Support and drive resolution for issues that arise in testing or production.
· Lead continuous improvement technical initiatives to increase product quality and development efficiency.
VISA Sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· 7 or more years of experience in software development and delivery
· Experience in software engineering methods, systems engineering or related product engineering fields
· Experience building business relationships in a team-based culture
· Experience and passion for how software is developed, quality processes, and predictable delivery
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· 5 or more years of experience in embedded software
· Experience in leading projects to production
· Decision making skills as it relates to complex system issues
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering with Controls emphasis
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Waterloo
Job Segment: Developer, Manager, Engineer, Software Engineer, Electrical, Technology, Management, Engineering