There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student - Product Engineering - Waterloo, IA - 50609
· Work with a group of engineers in the Advanced Power Systems Engineering team to assist in developing diesel exhaust aftertreatment to meet the future worldwide emission requirements.
· Assist in collecting engine test cell data, analyzing the data using Excel and preparing PowerPoint presentations.
· Will require learning the operation of several advanced particle counters and assist in collecting and analyzing the data from these instruments.
· Will require fundamental knowledge of several aftertreatment technologies including: urea SCR, diesel particulate filters, diesel oxidation catalysts and other advanced aftertreatment concepts.
· Will required the individual to be able to order parts through the John Deere system, write shop orders and maintain an inventory of the aftertreatment parts.
· Work with technicians to enable testing diesel engines and aftertreatment in the Deere test cells.
· Assist design engineers by modifying CAD drawings and maintaining an inventory of the CAD drawings.
What It Takes
· Prefer students who have completed their sophomore or junior year with an interest in internal combustion engines. Areas of interest would be Physics, Math or Technology pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
· The student needs to have basic computer skills with Microsoft products and be computer proficient.
· A desire would be to have experience with internal combustion engines or operation in a laboratory setting with some experience analyzing data using Excel or similar software.
· Some experience with computer aided design (CAD) software.
· Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
· Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
· Graduation date of May 2020 or later
· Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
· 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A strong candidate would also have
· An interest in internal combustion engines or possibly taken an automotive mechanics class.
· Experience working in a laboratory setting
· Experience with computer aided design (CAD) software.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Testing, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology