There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Davenport
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Part Time Student - Manufacturing Engineering - Davenport, IA - 56825
· Supporting daily production on the shop floor.
What It Takes
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to work with factory floor operators.
· Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions.
· Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
· Knowledge of engineering systems, tools, and databases.
· Pursuing a four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Ag Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering/Technology. At least one year of education is preferred.
· Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
· Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
· Graduation date of December 2020 or later
· Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
· 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A strong candidate will also have
· Understand and use basic engineering principles, and apply problem solving skills to define, design, install, and verify the project work related to facilities engineering.
· Previous work experience in a manufacturing setting.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: Intern, Industrial, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Entry Level, Manufacturing, Engineering