There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Customer & Product Support
Title: Part-Time Student - Customer and Product Support - Waterloo, IA - 52829
· Primary position is focused on the efforts to maximize problem resolution for JDPS field test support.
· Position will be key in handling the logistics of repair parts, coordinating returned parts for inspection, ensuring field test service tools are available, and keeping track of the design configurations of each machine.
· Conducting build of material investigations, preliminary failure details, and creative serviceability and repairability solutions will also be included in this role.
What It Takes
· Familiarity with diesel engine repair and technology
· Excellent communication, organization, and technical documentation skills
· Proficient in the use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
· Individual transportation available to enable shipment of parts via various methods (USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, etc
· Must be a full-time student at a local university or college (Hawkeye, UNI, Wartburg, etc.)
· Must be available to work a minimum of 12 months
· Pursuing a degree in one of the following or a combination of above skills and applicable work experience: Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Technology Management, Diesel Truck Technology, Agricultural Power Technology
· Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university or college
· Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
· Graduation date of December 2020 or later
· Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
· 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A strong candidate will also have
· Technical knowledge using various systems and parts catalogs to determine proper service parts for various engine builds.
· Knowledge to repair and diagnose diesel engines
· Knowledge to use various service tools in the repair of diesel engines
· Familiarity of John Deere products and technology
· Familiarity of off-road diesel manufacturing companies
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Intern, Engineer, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineer, Agriculture, Entry Level, Engineering