There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Kansas (US-KS) - Coffeyville
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Metallurgist - 60702
As a Metallurgist for John Deere located in Coffeyville, KS, you will perform failure analysis and provide material/process/design recommendations to improve life of the components within a drivetrain assembly. In addition, you will:
· Assist with the development and control of heat treat processes including all aspects of our batch carburizing heat treat process including but not limited to quench oils, development of cycles, carbon generation, tempering and lap analysis
Visa sponsorship IS NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Basic metallurgy experience
· Failure analysis experience
· Solid understanding of batch carburizing furnace and induction heat treat
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· Experience in batch carburizing furnace and controls and induction heat treat
· Experience in failure analysis of drivetrain components
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in in Material Engineering
· Advanced engineering degree
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Metallurgy, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering