There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engineer - 57938
As an Engineer for the Product Engineering Center, you will define, plan, implement, and document various features within the Tractor simulator as a member of an Agile scrum team. This may include integrating plant models into the simulator as well as creating custom GUIs using the C# programming language. In addition, you will:
· Integrate simulator components provided by other teams and test that the integration was successful
· Provide simulator support to various test engineers and developers
· Regularly groom work so that requirements are understood and can be implemented
· Create and maintain automated build jobs to deliver a compiled & tested version of the simulator
· Create automated tests that execute within the build job to verify the simulator is working as desired and confirms the test tool works in tandem with the simulator
· Assist others on how to properly obtain and configure the Tractor simulator
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Experience with embedded systems in either product development or product test
· Experience with electronic test tools and simulation tools to assist in analysis and verification
· Experience with C# application development or equivalent experience
· Strong communication and teamwork skills
· Ability and experience working in a self-directed mode
· Strong, demonstrated problem solving skills
· Engineering experience gained through relevant internships, educational projects and/or practical work experience
· Demonstrated ability to work with multifunctional, cross-cultural design teams
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· Experience using Matlab/Simulink
· Experience working with electronic instrumentation and data collection tools
· Experience with troubleshooting CAN and other vehicle communication networks
· Knowledge of farming practices, precision farming, and John Deere equipment
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Technology or equivalent
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Application Developer, Engineering, Technology