There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - California (US-CA) - San Francisco
Function: Data Science & Analytics
Title: Data Scientist - Precision Ag Analytics - 47127
As a Data Scientist, Precision Ag Analytics for John Deere’s Intelligent Services Group (ISG) located in San Francisco, CA, you will join our team building world class data science solutions to enable smarter machines and better decisions for our customers. As a data scientist – you will partner with product managers and engineers to create insights and solutions for our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to work across product lifecycles – designing, scaling, and delivering solutions. Join a team that is passionate about making a difference by applying cutting edge technology to solve some of the world's biggest problems. In addition, you will:
· Explore new analytical problems and develop creative solutions within precision agriculture and automation
· Work with large geospatial data, including high resolution satellite imagery and environmental data
· Develop and prototype analytical pipelines to deliver insights to customers both on the vehicle and in the cloud
· Research new analysis and visualization methodologies alongside domain subject matter experts from agronomy, engineering and UX
· Communicate findings and methodologies to stakeholders at multiple levels
Being part of the data and analytics community at John Deere also gives you access to scientists, technologists, and domain experts across the company. We believe in continually learning; you’ll also have the opportunity to leverage our curated training content, participate in reviews of industry papers, and experiment with new methods and technologies.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Experience in roles that required demonstration of an in-depth knowledge of current analytical platforms and be able to utilize these fully independently
· 2 or more years of experience applying statistical analyses and analytical methodologies on advanced analytics projects, being able to demonstrate the development of algorithms and predictive models
· 1 or more years of experience in using Python
· 2 or more years in developing machine learning systems, with extensive experience on deep learning systems (Tensorflow preferred)
· Experience in roles that required demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytical insights in a manner which is clearly understandable by the business partners
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· Experience working on data science problems in agriculture or working with agronomic datasets
· Experience working with large geospatial datasets
· Experience in roles that required a working knowledge of agricultural equipment
· 2 or more years of experience working on cross-functional/divisional projects
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in in statistics, engineering, data science, computer vision, machine learning, mathematics, or computer science OR equivalent work experience
· Master’s degree in in statistics, engineering, data science, computer vision, machine learning, mathematics, or computer science
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Scientific, Agronomy, Analytics, Database, Agriculture, Technology, Engineering, Management