There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer - 61309
As a Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer for John Deere Construction and Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will perform computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis to support engine, cooling and HVAC development and verification and validation (PV&V) testing for off-highway equipment. In addition, you will:
· Work closely with cross functional teams to design, verify and validate engine, cooling system and HVAC systems to meet legislative and customer requirements.
· Plan and execute CFD analysis for components, sub-systems and machines to develop and demonstrate product designs.
· Partner with product development to identify creative and efficient solutions to resolve technical issues.
· Provide consistent, concise oral and written reports.
· Plan and manage analytical development projects as needed.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Basic understanding of diesel engines, mobile cooling systems or HVAC system design, function and verification
· Effective in peer-to-peer and management meetings
· Knowledge and familiarity with large diesel engine applications & legislation
· Proven ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
· Knowledgeable in the application of CFD analytical tools for prediction of system performance as noted above
· Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment power train systems
What Makes You Stand Out
· Experience with ProE
· Effective time management skills demonstrated within a multi-functional or multi-product-line team
· Direct or indirect participation in all team meetings, and fully prepared Customer, Business & Product Knowledge
· Understand cost and benefit balances of solutions
· Experience with commercial CFD software
· Basic understanding of how activities align with the Division's strategic goals
· Understanding of various machine platforms including specific design solutions and applications
· Master’s degree in technical related engineering field with a computational fluid dynamics focus or equivalent experience with a focus in computational fluid dynamics
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
· Engineering, Science discipline with equivalent experience.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Dubuque
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Testing, Engineering, Technology