There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Missouri (US-MO) - Springfield
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Associate Engineer - 61363
As an Associate Engineer for John Deere located in Springfield, Missouri, you will provide support and/or assistance with established manufacturing processes. In addition, you will:
· Plan and perform tests using existing process and controls
· Provide support and routine analyses for materials, manufacturing process and methods
· Provide problem identification and resolution, root cause analysis, corrective action tracking, reliability analysis and verification/validation test plan development
· Provide guidance on test procedures to engineers and support personnel
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Experience in one or more related engineering areas: industrial, production, methods, reliability, design, manufacturing, and quality
· 1 or more years of general engineering work experience
· 2 or more years of experience with Manual and CNC machining operations
· 1 or more years of experience in one or more related engineering areas: industrial, production, methods, reliability, design, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, quality
· 1 or more years of experience with engineering design tools, systems, databases MS Office Excel, Word, PPT
· 1 or more years of participation as a team member in major engineering projects
· Ability to work from 10:00am to 6:30/7pm
What Makes You Stand Out
· Knowledge of machining and/or remanufacturing reclaim technologies
· Background in Engineering (mechanical, dimensions and tolerances, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.)
· Experience using computer aided design and/or engineering tools
· Knowledge of manufacturing, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities
· Knowledge of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP)
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, or equivalent experience in machining discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Machinist, Engineering, Manufacturing