There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Apptio TBM Software Engineer - 60401
As an IT Software Engineer at John Deere in Moline, IL, you will be a software developer on the Global IT Product Portfolio team dedicated to the configuration and delivery of solutions, like Apptio, a Global IT Technology Business Management System. In addition, you will:
· Work as an active member of the IT Product Portfolio Apptio Agile development team to ensure that the software, data, and necessary processes function together to meet or exceed the product specifications
· Participate in discussions with the team and extended functional teams to develop technical solutions to satisfy business requirements
· Participate in a variety of efforts related directly and indirectly to back-end configuration
· Participate in the analysis and design of data and solutions to improve quality and performance
· Assist with root cause analysis and resolution of production support issues
· Execute necessary documentation as directed, or needed
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
· Experience validating data, allocations, and reports after each configuration step
· Experience applying configure and support implementation of Technology Business Management System
· Experience working in a team environment
· Experience collaborating with multiple business partners to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions
· Effective interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution
· Experience that demonstrates strong attention to detail, analytical skills, data validation and processing
What Makes You Stand Out
· Experience working in an agile environment
· Experience in business process change management and organizational training
· 1 or more years of experience configuring or implementing of major software programs leveraging change management
· Business experience associated to GL Accounting data, Product Portfolio Processes, IT Recovery Data and/or with IT Costing (PLR) Data
· Other relevant business experience, outside of IT
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Accounting, or equivalent discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Business Manager, Change Management, Technology, Engineering, Management