The Operating Engineer will have a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, & Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
- Perform monitoring and troubleshooting on Alerton/Honeywell BMS control system. Strong emphasis with controls experience is preferred.
· Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements. Demonstrate safe behaviors. Identify and assess safety hazards and risks. Follow and enforce safety rules. Participate in the investigation of incidents.
· Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
· Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
· Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
· Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
· Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors
· Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
· Respond to customer requires in a timely and professional manner
· Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situation such as fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions, and take appropriate actions
· High school diploma or state equivalent required, minimum of two years of related trade schooling or two years of college.
· Minimum four years of experience in electrician trade or related field or minimum four years of experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field or minimum
· Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
· Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE) and in strict accordance with all applicable safety policies, procedures and practices required.
· Thorough knowledge of building systems to satisfy customer requirement while achieving operating costs (especially energy)
· Demonstrated aptitude for, and/or practical experience with, thermodynamic, electrical and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment, required.
· Ability to walk a large, campus-like setting, climb stairs and navigate rooftops to access equipment required.
· Must have ability to lift a minimum of 80 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft., work from heights
· Position requires frequent climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, working/extending overhead and driving for long periods of time.
· Must be able to climb a ladder with a 300 lb. weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
· Valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record required.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.