Roles and Responsibilities
• Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a
minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job assignments, appraisals and recognition.
• Maintain and test run backup systems, i.e. generators, UPSs, etc., and auxiliary equipment for building emergency power and critical environments.
• Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
• Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
• General interior maintenance - hang pictures, repair office furniture systems, etc.
• Compressor replacements.
• Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
• Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
• Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
• Respond effectively to all emergencies including after hours.
• Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
• Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
• Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed, using work order system
• Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of a Certified Journeyman role.
High school diploma or state equivalent required completion of apprentice program, minimum of two years of related trade schooling or two years of college or equivalent.
Have a minimum of 7 years, 1O+ years a plus, of applicable working experience with critical environments, Class A high-rises, extensive repair and maintenance on HVACR systems, plumbing electrical and building support systems including BAS and FLS systems.
• Must be a Local 501 Journeyman (BOMA Certification preferred)
• Personal characteristics - Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
• Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
• Must be willing to travel to remote sites located throughout California.
• Must be a Local 501 BOMA Certified Journeyman.
• Have a minimum of 7 years, 1 O+ years a plus, of applicable working experience with critical environments, Class A high-rises, extensive repair and maintenance on HVACR systems, plumbing electrical and building support systems including BAS and FLS
• Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess and have excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
• Candidate must possess and provide own basic hand tools required to perform assigned work scope, while other tools and equipment are provided on location.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
• Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
• For internal candidates must have consistently received a “meets expectations” job performance review.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.