The Critical Environments Operating Engineer will be required to perform a number of preventive maintenance and reactive activities as well as support the account Critical Environments Program for the region. The primary focus of this position is to provide shift coverage and on-call plant operational support for all facilities systems, including, electrical, HVAC, and building controls. This person will have the responsibility of providing written reports/logs and maintain reliable and efficient operation of the facilities equipment that support Data Centers and other Critical Facilities in the Region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Task will include but not be limited to:
· Perform the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
· Perform general facility related maintenance work including: plumbing repairs, replacement of lamps/ballasts, door hardware and other maintenance tasks.
· Operates building systems in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with government regulatory compliance and standard operating procedures.
· Perform maintenance in accordance with company Preventative Maintenance Program.
· Perform predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, maintenance routines and equipment rounds, and service requests as directed.
· Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves, and motors ensuring proper operation of the facility equipment and systems.
· Track electrical/mechanical loads for all critical systems
· Must interface with Critical Operations Team to coordinate Critical Area Program. This will include but not be limited to; scheduling maintenance windows in Change Management, participating in staff meetings, interfacing with key vendors and project management personnel, and keeping up with written communications within the Critical Environment Team.
· Support vendors on preventive and repair activities that cannot be performed in house. This includes on-site support, proposal request development, and vendor proposal review.
· Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards and practices.
· Perform emergency or preventative maintenance repairs off hours as directed on nights and weekends as needed.
· Understand and work within the accounts Computerized Maintenance Management System.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures and performs other duties as assigned.
·High school graduate or equivalent
·Trade school degree or certificate in mechanical, electrical, or controls disciplines
·Three years of plant building operating experience, data center experience preferred
·Good writing & communication skills
·Ability to read HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and architectural drawings
·Ability to use hand tools, power tools and perform electric, plumbing and carpentry tasks
·Ability to use Windows based computers
Possess Universal CFC License
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.