Employee will work Monday through Friday from from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 pm. Overtime as required to work on emergency basis or for weekend duty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Performs plumbing repairs, minor to mid level installations and routine service work. Applicant must have ability and experience in the repair or replacement of rest room fixtures including faucets, toilets, urinals, unclogging drains using plungers and electrically powered snakes. Must have experience in soldering copper pipe and have working knowledge of plumbing practices and procedures.
Other duties as described below:
• Performs technical and general maintenance work on a variety of facilities and building equipment, systems, structures, and hardware, including air handlers, domestic water, chilled water, hot water, steam, humidification, building exhaust, compressed air, controls, lighting, electrical, etc.
• Completes preventive maintenance (PMs) as assigned including performing general maintenance and repairs when on weekend coverage or special circumstances.
• Assists senior mechanics with more complex tasks or major repairs/modifications.
• Availability to work overtime (both scheduled and emergency), after hours (early morning or late night), weekends and holidays as required.
• Learn and demonstrate appropriate alarm responses to common PLC initiated alarms.
• Exposed to commercial mechanical, electrical, and building systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
• Knowledge and experience with hand tools and test equipment.
• Working knowledge and experience with one or more of the following facilities systems is preferred in addition to accomplishing plumbing tasks listed above. Chilled water, compressed air, steam, domestic hot and cold water and equipment including HVAC, pumps, piping, valves, pneumatics, controls, motors, electrical up to 600 volts / 3 phase, heat exchangers, and air compressors, or possess skill in a trade, carpentry, hvac, electrical.
• Ability to read and interpret basic layout drawings, system drawings and manufacturers’ equipment specifications.
• Knowledge of standard and maintenance practices.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Attend all electrical safety courses offered and scheduled by management
• Attend all scheduled safety training offered and scheduled by management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift heavy objects, recognizing their capability, and when to get assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock, arc blast and vibration.
• The employee must wear appropriate PPE to mitigate the effects of such conditions and events.
• The noise level in the work environment can be loud and ear protection may be required.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.