In a data center-mission critical facility, installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, plumbing/piping equipment, machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of the buildings. Monitors operations and conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations and performance. Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to ensure the proper functioning of departmental equipment. This position requires day and night 24 hour shift rotations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· At the direction of supervisor, maintaining, monitoring, and performing preventive maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, RPP, generators, primary switch gear), emergency backup systems, hot water systems; monitors building operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water and air conditioning equipment, ventilating, hot water heaters, pumps, valves, piping and filters; other various mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
· Install and repair plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (single & VFD); run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment. Install, repair, and maintain electrical controls, switching and motor controls. Operate and maintain critical equipment including UPS systems, generators, chillers and critical air conditioning units.
· Monitor operation, repair, and maintain refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
· Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
· Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the building.
· Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, preventive maintenance, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
· Responsible for advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform, including an incident contact response list.
· Responsible for understanding and complying with emergency escalation procedures.
· Ensure that the CWA (Critical Facility Work Authorization) is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building’s critical infrastructure.
· Ensure strict adherence to Critical Awareness Process, Technical Bulletins, established engineering guidelines, processes, and procedures.
· Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must have hands-on experience in a data center/critical facility, including UPS Systems, emergency generators, and switch-gear
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
· Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
· Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s (or within 90 days of employment
· Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel.
· Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
· Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.