Position Title: Operating Engineer
Job Description: SUMMARY
We are currently seeking a Operating Engineer who will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, machinery and related controls and components at our client's facility.
· Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings
· Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards
· Monitor Maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency
· Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment
· Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
· Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program for the building.
· Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
· Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
· Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
· Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
· Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends
· Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of office buildings.
· Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
· Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School or GED
· Trade School or 4 years’ experience in electrical, HVAC trade, including rooftop units
· 4 years’ experience in backup systems (generator and UPS)
· Universal CFC certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building automation, water treatment and fire life safety systems
· Good interpersonal and a positive team attitude
· Familiarity with computers and operations and office automation applications, including Microsoft Office
· Strong customer service orientation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ CONDITIONS
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances to cover property portfolio.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
· The number of individuals in the work group varies from one to twenty
· Will require daily interaction with teams in person, on the phone, and via email in order to perform the job
· Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
· Must be able to lift 50lbs., climb ladders and work on roof tops.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.