Do you see yourself as an Engagement and Culture Coordinator?
What's your passion? Whether you're into scuba diving, golf or dancing the tango, at IHG® we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1300 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
At the moment we're looking for an Engagement and Culture Coordinator – Human Resources to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Hotels Dubai Festival City .
As Human Resources Coordinator – Engagement & Culture, you will be responsible to assist the Human Resources Manager /Area Director of Human Resources in taking ownership of Colleague Engagement initiatives, CSR strategy and initiatives, as well as being our Internal Communications Champion. You will be managing the Human Resources department from an administrative and Colleague experience function; ensuring maximum Colleague satisfaction through genuine care, empathy and strong engagement that will contribute to the overall success of the Human Resources strategy in delivering “Great hotels guests love” and create the right environment in which our colleagues can experience “Room to be yourself”. You are our internal Brand Ambassador – you live and breathe the IHG brands and you instil the brand values on a daily basis to our Colleagues. You have a natural ability to create a fun work environment and positive culture that reinforces IHG’s core values.
Your day to day
The key responsibilities are:
· Create and cultivate Cluster Colleague Engagement initiatives such
· as Winning Ways Recognition, Town Hall Meeting, Annual Colleague Party, Sports Events,
· Gatherings, Wellness programs, as well as updating internal colleague communication outlets ie. Plasma
· screens, notice boards, social media, etc.
· Delivering the best Guest Experience across all colleagues and new joiners as an
· Ambassador of Human Resources.
· Lead our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to maximize impact and involvement.
· Own our (internal) social media channels and generate new ideas for continuous improvement
· Build the annual Engagement Strategy and ensure all activities are designed around improving Colleague engagement and are meaningful to our Colleagues
· Build relationships and collaborate across the business to understand and meet employee engagement requirements, whilst providing high levels of internal customer service.
· Function as the lead contact for the organization and execution of corporate global engagement activities ie. Celebrate service week, Giving for Good, Inter-hotel relating engagement activities.
· A partner with HR and line colleagues to understand and plan engagement activities that are relevant to the business, expertly plan, well executed.
· Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
· Point of contact with contracted third party colleague service providers ie, transportation and colleague restaurants, to monitor consistency and quality, and complete the monthly reconciliation of invoices for finance payment.
· Ensure that heart of house culture and branding wall papers are updated and in line with the corporate brand guidelines.
· Responsible for compiling annual Colleagues Engagement calendar.
· Responsible for planning and executing bi-annual long service award ceremony.
· Responsible for planning and executing all communication forms between Area Director of Human Resources and Area General Manager, with Leadership and Non-Leadership colleagues, collating minutes and ensure timely distribution within the business.
· Ensures to cascade accurate information during Direct Line sessions.
· Identify and address issues and solutions related to employee engagement. Help drive efforts relating to engagement data and survey outcomes to identify and build action plans
· Responds to job and general information questions.
· Ordering supplies according to Human Resources Department needs
· Maintaining and creating a positive atmosphere within the hotel that allows for open two way communication that ensures morale and productivity reaches the highest possible levels.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following qualifications and experience we're looking for:
· A minimum of 2 year similar experience in HR
· Knowledge of principles, practices and standards of Human Resources business partner.
· Experience of human resource information systems.
· Social Media platform and strategy experience
· Experience with Adobe Illustrator of other Graphic Design programs preferred
· Strong operational focus and track record of delivering results.
· Demonstrate strong competency in Microsoft office and e mail platforms
· Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
· You are creative and pride yourself with being able to come up with new ideas that are fresh and innovative
· Strong multitasking, flexibility and organizational skills
· Holds a passion for Colleague Engagement and Culture
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package including accommodation, free meals on duty, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG® we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG®.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG® please look at www.ihg.com/careers