Think of Iceland and you think of frozen food… And rightly so – it’s been the driving force behind our brand for 49 years. But did you know that we’re also the most innovative food retailer in the UK operating across chilled and ambient categories too, and the winner of multiple awards for our products, service and the way we treat our employees?
As part of the eCommerce development team the Online Functional Tester will be responsible for all system, functional, and integration testing for Iceland’s website estate including our transactional, and brand/marketing microsites. The candidate should have prior experience working with test/development environments, or technical support environments in relation to online interactivity and associated web technologies.
· Plan and perform tests on scheduled and ad-hoc implementations to the Iceland website estate ensuring all functional and user behaviour is as per specification.
· Working with the development team and user experience team to ensure all functional behaviour is understood, and all appropriate test cases are executed.
· Produce documented test results to enable the development teams to provide iterative updates to their ongoing development.
· Identification and analysis of anomalies or defects in test or live environments.
· Ensure the quality of all production deployments with responsibility for the stability and resilience of the production environment.
· Create, manage, and maintain documentation for complete regression of all Iceland functional sites.
· Strong analytical skills
· Experienced with writing use cases, specifications, workflows, test cases and documentation
· Expertise in testing web applications and/or test automation would be advantageous
· Proficient in cross-browser and device testing
· Experience with mobile and device platform testing would be advantageous
· Knowledge and/or expertise in DB interrogation including MS SQL and DB2
· Knowledge and/or expertise in agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, and Kanban
· Proven experience of functional/UAT testing in an online or technical environment
· Demonstrated strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills as it pertains to testing software and providing operational support
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and test on a varying number of platforms prior to a hand over
· Practiced in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues
· Passion for both eCommerce and technology, and comfortable in business and technical environments
· Have an appreciation of stakeholder management, balancing their needs and requirements
· Logical thinking and problem-solving ability with exceptional attention to detail
· Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
· Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills
· Confident in working with internal and external teams
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, we provide 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, free parking on site, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, a highly subsidised restaurant on site along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and join the Iceland team then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you.