Role Purpose :
· Provision of high quality secretarial and administrative support to the Head of Risk Process & Control and management team
Key Accountabilities :
· Efficient diary management. Arranging/ prioritizing meetings etc ensuring that all relevant documents/papers are prepared and ready in good time.
· Organization of all aspects of travel booking and itineraries, including room bookings.
· Field telephone calls as appropriate, assisting and dealing with queries where possible.
· Respond to mail/e-mails on behalf of Global Head where appropriate.
· Dealing with internal/external clients at all levels. - Reception of external visitors.
· Ad-hoc project work as required.
· Checking, logging and processing of expenses when required.
· Preparation of confidential correspondence and reports.
· Organization of periodic offsite meetings and conferences including evening events.
· Assistance with the itineraries, building access etc for overseas visitors to London.
· Provide assistance to Business Management team with regards to facility management for the team
· On an ad-hoc basis to provide secretarial and administrative support to members of the Management team
· Minutes and actions for GBM Risk Process & Control governance meetings
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder)
• Strong written and communication skills
• Very well organised with good attention to detail, and ability to prioritise a busy workload
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Positive attitude and ‘can do' approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels of seniority in an appropriate manner
• Proficient with MS Office
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the
Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For more information about the relevant additional checks for this role please contact the hiring manager
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/'Front to Back' transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment