In today's digital world, HSBC needs to develop secure solutions for our customers and have appropriate defences to address evolving security threats. The Enterprise Security Architecture defines the security capabilities and functions (services, building blocks, and roadmap) that support the strategic business objectives at an enterprise level. The Enterprise Security Architecture will enable HSBC to make good strategic and operational decisions in relation to information security.
Security Architecture is a global function responsible for the definition of the future state security, and architectural roadmap. The Security Architecture team is responsible for the ongoing evolution, communication and creation of Security Architectural patterns and influencing the adoption.
Security Architecture is a sub function of Architecture. The Security Architecture team is accountable for the development of the Security Future State Architecture, ongoing evolution, communicating, promoting and influencing to ensure its adoption.
Security Architecture will provide architecture guidance and advice to other IT teams and the global businesses and functions. The Architecture team will be using SABSA as the architecture framework for Security.
What you will be doing;
· Champion the development and implementation of HSBC's Future State Security Architecture on behalf of Global Business/Global Functions & CIOs.
· Govern the introduction of new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases and taking into account commercial factors through the Technology Design Board (TDB), External Hosting Committee (EHC).
· Govern architecture standards and have a holistic knowledge of the Group's most critical business systems
· Stay abreast of technology trends and advise IT and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
· Responsible for leading a commercially aware architectural design practice for multiple Global Businesses and/or Global Functions Propose innovative architectural solutions to address security capability and control gaps
Ideal candidate profile
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or a related field
· Extensive relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development (3-5 of those years to be devoted specifically to security)
· Experience with role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies
· Familiarity with ISO 27001/27002, ITIL, COBIT, and other industry standard security frameworks
· In-depth knowledge of key IT domains particularly computing platforms (Windows, UNIX and Linux) and networking technologies
The position will primarily be based in London
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.