Enterprise Architect - Tech Domains (0000E3DF)
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Enterprise Architect to join HSBC Technology.
What you will be doing;
The IT Enterprise Architect is a strategy thought leader who is instrumental in the delivery of global architecture activities. The job holder owns the design and development of architectures for Technical Domains and they need to ensure they are aligned with group standards, IT and business strategy, meet business objectives and satisfy all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls.
The IT Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading the operation of the global practice of architecture within their respective area.
Ideal candidate profile
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
· Lead and own the development and implementation of Technical Domains architecture strategy and standards.
· Accountable for the delivery of all aspects of the design and material decision making on major architectural activities.
· Accountable for the identifcation, mangement and remediation of material design issues associated with major architectural activities.
· Introduce new practices, processes, techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies.
· Act as the recognised technical expert associated with the relevant technical domain.
· Accountable design authority for technology decisions and leadership of the appropriate governance bodies.
· Review services provided against technical domains strategy and benchmark internally/externally as appropriate.
· Stay abreast of technology trends and advise IT and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
· Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
· Where appropriate, provide full life cycle architectural guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables.
These roles will primarily be London site based at our Head Office in Canary Wharf but some travel may be required .
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.