Manages one or several larger accounts or acts as the account lead for a substantial part of a top account. Understands the customer’s IT and business objectives, priorities, requirements and challenges, and adds value by implementing HPE’s strategy. Drives business performance for all HPE BUs and manages the portfolio mix to optimize profitability of the account. Accountable for pipeline building; accountable for and supportive in deal closing and orchestrating the deal team. Builds and develops relevant customer relationship networks with key influencers and decision makers in IT and business. Develops and engages with the extended partner ecosystem to maximize HPE’s presence in the account. Constantly develops information technology industry knowledge to position HPE’s portfolio in the account. Orchestrates, engages, guides and provides feedback to the extended account team members. Acts as customer’s advocate inside HPE. Plans for accounts to deliver results through the financial year and beyond.
· Articulates a connection between the customer's core KPIs
· Builds and executes a plan to drive growth and profitability across HPE's portfolio. Drives growth in HPE's strategic value portfolio through positioning these solutions with the customer. Leverages HPE programs and tools (e.g. Executive Sponsors
· Engages with the customer to identify opportunities. Translates customers' business challenges and goals into IT opportunities. Ensures a strong and rightsized pipeline funnel from the account team. Leads pipeline building activities for the account
· Develops and maintains a professional relationship network within the customer to maximize efficiency and effectiveness for HPE. Understands and leverages the underlying principles for the customer organization's functioning. Defines an engagement model with the customer's key influencers and decision makers.
· Develops and maintains an overview of the partner's landscape in the account. Develops partner relationships. Works with the HPE Partner Business Manager to assess and update the partner strategy for the account.
· Develops and updates expertise in IT technology. Articulates relevant modern trends in IT. Describes HPE's portfolio and references its use in other customers.
· Builds relationship and runs a regular account governance with the extended account team. Provides feedback to the account team members and relevant managers.
· Utilizes HPE tools and processes for customer advocacy. Leverages the existing tools
· Builds and executes basic account business plans for defined accounts. Manages the collective effort to build and maintain both strategic and tactical elements of the plan. Shares and aligns the plan with relevant stakeholders of the account.
The sections below help differentiate between levels to enable consistency.
Education and Experience
· University or Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Typically 4-8+ years sales experience.
· Account management experience desired.
· Experience in IT industry preferred. Experience working within IT department and/or within customers is a plus.
· Experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
· Drives Results: Shows strong will to win, is persistent in face of obstacles and has a clear results orientation.
· Strategic Planning: Able to articulate a vision for the future and a path to achieve it in an account business plan, aligned with the HPE strategy, direct leadership, and the HPE business units.
· Sales Execution: Able to efficiently deliver on short term sales engagements and objectives.
· Continuous Learning: Continuously and actively pursues own learning.
· IT Industry Acumen: Builds and maintains solid knowledge of cutting edge IT industry developments and technology trends with potential impacts to our customers.
· HPE Portfolio Knowledge: Builds and continually updates a solid understanding of HPE products, solutions, and service offerings - their value propositions, competitive differentiators, and benefits to our customers and our customers' customers.
· Team Leadership: Able to lead teams (including dispersed and indirect team members) successfully through sales engagements in a complex matrix organization.
· Network/Relationship Building: Able to create strong professional relationships; understands and leverages the value of networks and collaboration.
· Two-way communication: Able to listen actively to understand the perspectives of others, and to articulate value propositions, plans, and proposals in language relevant to the customer, partner or internal stakeholder.
· Influencing and Negotiating: Understands and proficiently leverages influencing and negotiation techniques.
· Business Acumen: Understands how different parts of a business interoperate to produce business outcomes and how actions impact company results. Has a developed understanding of general business concepts and the economy. Able to understand financial reports and make relevant conclusions for planning. Similar principles apply to public sector organizations.
· Operational Excellence: Able to show predictability and operational excellence both internally and externally.
· Integrity: Acts with integrity throughout complex situations even if under pressure.
· Vertical/Industry Knowledge Preferred: Understands the customer's industry landscape, enterprise architecture, and partner and influencer ecosystem.
· Consulting: Can synthesize a number of skills and relevant knowledge to guide the customer through a process of achieving business outcomes leveraging HPE's portfolio.
· Typically manages 1 to many accounts representing moderate revenue for HPE. May manage a portion of a large account, usually within an assigned geography.
· Works with mid-level decision-makers in the customer organization.
· Orchestrates regional pursuit resources for the account.
· Leads moderately complex sales engagements, project management and coordination to meet deadlines.
· Typically qualifies and closes deals of moderate complexity.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.