Start Date: June 2020
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
If you are passionate about sustainability and helping us to reduce our environmental footprint then this internship could be for you! We are looking to hire an undergraduate student to join our Energy & Environment team on a 12 month placement.
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750+ properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place To Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last three years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector.
Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Watford office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen, free in- house gym and a games room. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 30 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.
A bit about the job
As an Intern within the Energy and Environment team you will get the opportunity to work alongside our fantastic Environmental and Engineering team based in our regional Head Office in Watford. You will support the Energy & Environment team with the management, implementation and control of the company's energy and environment programmes, which will include the following;
· Collate information, analyse trends and identify areas of opportunity
· Conduct experiments on pilot projects in areas of utility consumption
· Utilise and technically evaluate the LightStay reporting platform, highlighting opportunities and focus areas.
· Ensure or assist with compliance with the requirements of EU environmental legislation, such as waste reporting, energy certification of buildings, energy and water technology roll-outs.
· Provide energy and environment management support for individual hotels.
· Assist in the development and implementation of the EMEA and global environmental programme.
· Assist in the development, implementation and management of the EMEA engineering recognition programme.
· Produce regular reports and statistics as required by area management.
· Provide cost control support as required by stakeholders.
· Provide analysis of pilot projects and prepare ROI reports for various technologies.
· Support the Directors of Engineering and the Energy and Environment Support team with local environmental initiatives and compliance issues.
What are we looking for?
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
· Must be in your second or final year of undergraduate study at the point of application.
· Must be studying towards an Engineering or Environmental Sciences degree (or similar)
· Must be available to start in June 2020, for the full 12 months.
· Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-EU national then you will need to be studying at a UK university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
· Passionate about the environment and sustainability
· As the role covers a number of differing activities, it is important that you can prioritise your work and be flexible to change your activities to reflect the key business need at that moment in time.
· Computer literate with excellent IT skills – especially Excel.
· Ability to provide a simple explanation of engineering matters to non-technical colleagues whilst being able to discuss and direct complex issues with industry experts.
· Ability to analyse departmental data, take initiative, identify priorities and make recommendations
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 24th November, 2019 . Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You'll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!
Ideal candidate profile