An Accounts Payable Clerk will fully support the Accounts Payable function within the Finance department by following procedures, understanding the purchasing system completely, and training others to use the system and follow procedures.
What will I be doing?
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will fully support the Accounts Payable function within the Finance department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Use the company purchasing system, Birchstreet, to match all invoices and purchases orders
· Three-way match (PO, receiving and invoice)
· Manage the monthly stock taking process
· Lead the month end process, as it relates to stocks, vendors, prepayments and accruals, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled
· Meet all payment deadlines
· Monitor and control the Accounts Payable process
· Monthly accounts reconciliation (banks, suppliers, GL accounts…)
· Supplier reference to monitor payments and invoices
· Invoice posting (Italian and International)
· Maintain Fixed Cost Register and ensure that it fully and accurately reflects all active contracts. Posting of invoices and monitoring CAPEX.
· Train Team Members who use the Birchstreet system
· Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review and develop the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
· Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
· Monthly VAT closure and preparation of Intrastat data form
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
An Accounts Payable Clerk serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Technical accounting knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping, stocks, creditors and accruals
· Knowledge of Italian legislation (especially in regards to VAT)
· Previous experience in a high volume Accounts function
· Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
· Good time management and organisation skills
· Passion for providing superior customer service and teamwork
· Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
· Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
· Analytical approach and creativity to problem resolution
· Commitment to support and drive change where necessary
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous knowledge of the Birchstreet purchasing system
· Previous knowledge of the Navision purchasing system
· Relevant degree, in Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!