A Front Office Intern assists in daily Front Office operations and works with customers and Guests as part of a project used to demonstrate your abilities to work in the hotel management sector.
What will I be doing?
As Front Office Intern, you will assist in daily Front Office operations and work with customers and Guests as part of a project used to demonstrate your abilities to work in the hotel management sector. A Front Office Intern is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Ensure accurate and efficient running of reception including check in/out procedures
· Respond to Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Ensure that both the Front Office Manager and Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from Guests and/or other departments
· Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
· Understand thoroughly all hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
· Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· Understand correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
· Answer switchboard calls, as required
· Ensure all Guest deliveries and messages are received effectively and efficiently
· Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
· Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
· Attend appropriate training courses, when required
· Follow and adhere to company brand standards
· Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with Team Members
· Work with your Manager to identify a specific project to complete during your internship placement
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Front Office Interns serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
· Positive attitude and good communication skills
· Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
· Excellent grooming standards
· Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
· Competent level of IT proficiency
· Good knowledge of English
· Good knowledge of Italian
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Your benefits will include a reimbursement of 400€ monthly with staff canteen and reimbursement of urban travel expenses included. Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality. More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest rooms Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest rooms Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011 Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry.