Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments. A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d'Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries. Its clients include corporations, financial institutions, sovereign and supranational organizations, as well as the customers of Groupe BPCE's networks. Listed on the Paris stock exchange, Natixis has a solid financial base with a CET1 capital under Basel 3(1) of €11.4 billion, a Basel 3 CET1 Ratio(1) of 11.5% and quality long-term ratings (Standard & Poor's: A+ / Moody's: A1 / Fitch Ratings: A+).
(1)Based on CRR-CRD4 rules as reported on June 26, 2013, including the Danish compromise - without phase-in and including current financial year's earnings and accrued dividend (based on a 60% pay-out).
Figures as at 30 September 2019
The ERM team for the Americas, supporting the Chief Risk Officer for the Combined US Operations (CUSO), enables the development, integration and fulfilment of the Risk Strategies and Policies of the CUSO. This position will support the US CRO with respect to the design, implementation, development and management of the ERM program of Natixis Combined US Operations (“CUSO”; Corporate and Institutional Banking, Asset Management and Credit Insurance).
The Enterprise Risk Management Program was launched in 2019. Its role is to create, develop and implement a comprehensive “Three Lines of Defense” model across the entire CUSO consistent with regulatory guidelines and industry best practices. The “Three Lines of Defense” model is a comprehensive approach to risk-taking which includes Risk ID/Assessment, Risk Appetite and Risk Management processes at the First Line of Defense.
The Enterprise Risk Management Officer sought for this position will be part of the Enterprise Risk Management Team. He or she will report into the Enterprise Risk Management Leader.
The Enterprise Risk Management Officer is tasked with the following core responsibilities:
• Coordinate the full implementation of the ERM Program which shall include implementing Risk ID/ Assessment projects for CUSO-level entities and performing such Assessments on an annual basis.
• Support the implementation of a vendor-based Risk Assessment Tool, which will streamline and automate the current process.
• Engage with internal stakeholders as required for the development of Risk Appetite Frameworks
Contribute to the design and implementation of procedures for risk monitoring and escalation.
• Assist in all aspects of the Risk ID & Assessment projects for all CUSO-level entities, including training, workshops, discussion/synthesis of results, presentation of conclusions, development/implementation of recommendations.
• Participate in the preparation and presentation of awareness documents, training materials, project analyses, conclusions and recommendation to a broad range of constituents in all three lines of defense.
• Engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the development and implementation of tools, processes and procedures consistent with industry best practices for ERM for financial institutions.
• Other responsibilities which may develop over the course of the development of the Enterprise Risk Management Program.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 5+ years' experience in financial services with experience working in an international bank helpful.
• Some knowledge of risk concepts and measurements
• Exposure to key activities of a financial institution having a broad range of capital markets and lending activities as well as investment management activities in the Americas.
• Strong quantitative and technical skills (including Excel & PowerPoint)
• Well organized and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Good oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills to interact with various internal and external stakeholders.
• Client focused; able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
• Ability to think critically thinking and problem solve.
Self-starter hard working, diligent and teamwork-oriented.
Date de publication:17/01/2020