The User Interaction Designer will be responsible for designing end-to-end UX for GE Healthcare applications. This role works with global, cross-functional product development teams to design software interfaces that help drive the clinical workflow and support users and patients in “the moments that matter.”
We are designing cutting edge applications to improve usability and efficiency. With a keen focus on patient experience, we live by our philosophy of the Magic of Science an Empathy.
In this role you will:
· Deliver effective, innovative, high quality UX design solutions that push the design envelope forward for GE Healthcare product experiences.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to balance user, business, and technical requirements, and ensure that design recommendations are incorporated within commercialized products.
· Proactively understanding the unmet needs of customers and end users by participating in formal research activities across the product lifecycle.
· Applying user research toward creating intuitive, functional, and visually appealing user interfaces.
· Representative deliverable's include workflows, wireframe designs, and interactive prototypes.
· Creating and executing design principles to ensure cohesiveness of UX workflow and visual aesthetic across the portfolio, including consistency with the GEHC design system.
· Rapidly prototype and evaluate designs with internal teams and customers including wireframes, low/mid-fidelity interactive mockups and other UX deliverable's.
· The resultant solutions must satisfy both the functional and emotional needs of internal and external stakeholders, and improve quality, cost, and access metrics associated with medical devices, e.g. MRI, CT, Ultrasound, X-Ray, Monitoring and more.
· Create and refine use cases, scenarios, paper and interactive prototypes, storyboards, and design specifications for new features.
· Actively partner with Industrial Designers (ID) and other UX design teams to incorporate digital interfaces within their designs, all with an eye towards driving user delight, ease of use, safety, and HW/SW harmonization.
· Collaborating with software engineering teams to create and execute platform-level architecture strategies and software development toolkit's that enable implementation of established design principles.
· Translating concepts and prototypes into formal design requirements and specifications documents.
· This position is accountable for achieving quality objectives, meeting project schedules and budgets, driving effective execution of concepts through product commercialization by collaborating with engineering and design teams, creating and executing user experience strategies across hardware, software, and services solutions.
Quality Specific Goals:
· Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
· Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines
· Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
· Knowledge and understanding of GEHC Design Controls Procedures in order to ensure that specified design requirements are met
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Computer Science with concentration in Human-Computer Interaction, Multimedia Design, Computer Graphics, or closely-related field of study.
· 0-5 years experience as a software user interface / user interaction designer or related design role.
· An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative interaction design solutions.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design and related design methodologies.
· Track record of successfully conceptualizing and executing software projects through a comprehensive user-centered design process that includes application of formative and summative user research data, prototyping, and generation of design requirements.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally including overnight stays (typically 5-10% of employee time)
· Proficiency in the use of prototyping and visual asset generation tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq Mockups, Microsoft Visio, SVG, and coding in Flash/ActionScript, HTML/CSS, Ajax/DHTML, Java, or Visual Basic.
· Must be willing to relocate to our Waukesha, WI facility and work full-time
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
· Experience working within the consumer electronics and healthcare/medical devices sectors and working in a highly regulated industry.
· Experience working within global, cross-functional teams.
· Track record of developing and executing user experience strategies and processes.
· Portfolio demonstrating successful examples of highly conceptual designs, prototypes, and final visual assets used in commercialized products.
· Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
· Familiarity with ISO, FDA and other regulatory standards.
· Track record of generating intellectual property.
· Collaborating with cross-functional business teams to create and execute platform-level strategies that promote ease-of-use and consistency of design attributes across product lines and business units.
· Design experience with medical products, global teams, and working in a medically regulated industry.
· Actively reaches out to build relationships among the global design staff in all regions and collaborates freely once relationships are built.
· Present and defend Global Design’s directional intent during design reviews, customer interactions, and executive meetings.
· Support the design function continuously across the company by clearly articulating how design delivers strategic value to end customers and stakeholders
· Able to concisely present the program research, objectives and design deliverable's to the leadership of both Global Design and the business/program partners in a variety of settings.
· Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, and work within a structured process.
· Strong level of self-motivation, attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely execution of a desired goal.
· Respects and values all functions within complex global teams, demonstrating a humble, confident passion for the value of design within a B2B setting.
· Exhibits excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting complex information.
· Ability to put constraints and near-term challenges aside in order to break through to unconventional, forward thinking conceptual ideas.
· Shows strong attention and passion for both functional detail and aesthetic design development.
· Adaptable and flexible: open and resilient to change and able to respond to new information, workload changes or updated priorities as they present themselves.
· Uncovers and seeks new opportunities for design and customer improvements regardless of assigned project; always looking for ways to delight our customers and differentiate our brand.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).