Power Steam Power
The Americas steam service Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support during ITO (inquiry to order) and OTR (order to remittance) for GE and oOEM steam turbine outages and complex repair projects. You will . Service engineer will collaborate within the global rotating equipment product line engineering teams for product support and technical risk assessments
Partner with global rotating equipment engineering teams to develop cost-effective and quality focused solutions to meet regional customer needs.
As Steam Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
· Technical support during ITO (applications engineering) and OTR (requisitions engineering) for GE steam turbines upgrades (engineered solution) and complex repairs.
· Prepare technical recommendations during outage planning phase based on past outage and fleet history.
· Support field engineers during outage execution for GE and non-GE steam turbines (WH, Siemens, MHI, Toshiba).
· Collaborate and partner with sales/service directors, on site services, repair networks and parts engineering group to provide technical support and recommendations.
· Provide product service and steam turbine operational support to field engineers during planned and unplanned outages for non-GE machines.
· Lead technical discussion with customer regarding steam turbine technical issues.
· Collaborate and integrate with rotating equipment product line teams for product design and service support.
· Be responsible to provide technical recommendations during outage planning and execution, technical guidance to field engineers during outage execution
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university is must
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in steam turbine service engineering, outage engineering and repairs is must
· Minimum 1 year of field execution experience will be best suitable for this role
· Good understanding of steam turbine and balance of plant systems and operations
· Strong knowledge of products offerings and designs of non-GE steam turbine fleets are preferred
· Good problem solving and analytical skills
· oOEM plants outage execution and repairs experience will be bonus
· Capable of providing concise technical directions with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Deliver on commitments, sense of urgency to respond quickly and efficiently, proactive, self-starter
· Able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally
· Change agent – ability to engage employees globally and empower teams to drive change
· Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects
· Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to recognize opportunities for productivity improvements
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
Americas steam service engineer is a one-stop shop for engineering services in support of transactional flow business (outages, parts, repairs and minor upgrades) dedicated to Americas region. We leverage technical support from the global team during applications/requisition, outage planning and execution, repairs & growth work, product services to provide speedy & qualitative responses to our customers
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).