Rivalta di Torino
As Sr Data Scientist you will work in Digital League addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
Joining Digital League as Sr Data Scientist, you will work in tandem with software developers, technical & functional product managers, and GE AvioAero SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) on company wide products, typically involving large, complex data sets.
• Work with internal and external clients to capture data and analytics requirements.
• Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address internal and external business needs and opportunities
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable or internal products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes
• Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders
• Participates on agile teams
• Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or strong experience in analytics development for industrial applications
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
• Demonstrated expertise in one or more industry sectors where GE operates (i.e., Aviation, Oil & Gas, Power & Water, Transportation, Mining, Healthcare)
• Experience in the design, development, verification, and validation of descriptive, applied, predictive, and prescriptive analytics for industrial applications
• Demonstrated skill in the use of descriptive statistics to assess quality of industrial datasets
• Experience applying predictive or prescriptive analytics to industrial applications
• Demonstrated awareness of data visualization and storytelling methods for conveying information to stakeholders.
• Demonstrated skill in statistical regression, modelling and in machine learning packages.
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Demonstrated awareness of feature extraction and real-time analytics methods
• Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
• Demonstrated skill in translating customer need into data and analytics requirements
• Works well with others in a collaborative environment
• Self starter
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.