GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
We are creating the building blocks to enable digital transformation in the power grid, focused on signal digitization and networking infrastructure devices! In the role, you will use your expertise to build a strong foundation for planning, developing, integrating, and executing assigned projects in collaboration with other adjacent team members under defined requirements and processes leading to final product deliveries of software applications or device drivers based on our strategies.
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound scientific / engineering principles and practices.
· Define software architecture and software design.
· Define interface requirements.
· Collaborate software requirements, test cases and test procedures.
· Collaborate and occasionally develop engineering tools and processes necessary to meet the projects engineering and business goals.
· Develop software applications and execute software integration activities.
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments, maintaining a focus on safety and reliability.
· Execute platform software reuse strategies and processes.
· Execute trade studies related to software technologies such as operating systems, software architectures, frameworks and tools.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related Technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
· Experience C/C++ programming in an embedded environment.
· Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, python, etc.).
· Experience working on teams that use Agile Scrum development methodology.
· Experience implementing and using CI/CD pipelines.
· Experience with micro services software architecture.
· Experience with test-driven design, unit testing.
· Knowledge of requirements definition and trace, architecture planning, design implementation, documentation, testing, verification and production support efforts.
· Knowledge on IEC61850, IEEE1588 and/or networking protocols (HSR, PRP, RSTP, VLANs...).
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to deliver on innovative ideas for products and processes.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com