Research Engineer - Electrical Systems Engineering
Corporate Global Research
As a Research Engineer, you will independently execute and contribute to technology programs in design, modeling, analysis and control of advanced electrical power conversion systems, developing advanced power electronics topologies leveraging recent advancements in components, packaging and controls and deliver solutions for high power density, cost and performance for power conversion to various GE businesses including renewable energy, aviation, healthcare and transportation.
As a research engineer, you will:
- Simulate, analyze and design advanced electrical power conversion systems consisting of electromechanical systems, power electronics and controls.
- Develop and implement in hardware advanced controls of electrical system.
- Conduct power electronics research involving modeling and simulation of components and circuits, design of power electronic circuits and controls, and test of lab scale circuit and system prototypes
- Design and implement controls for power electronics circuits and systems
- Collaborate with both GE product engineers and with global research team members on technical projects
- Write and orally represent the research to its business customers, external funding agencies, and at technical conferences
- work with multi-disciplinary boarder team or independently deliver based on the requirements of project
- deliver on technical projects with set timelines and cost
- Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 3 years of industry experience in an advanced technology development environment designing, building and testing power electronics and controls
- Strong expertise in simulation and analysis of electrical systems
- Understanding of power devices, their gate drives and electrical machines
- Understanding of thermal management of power electronic circuits
- Hands-on PCB design, hardware design and build experience in power circuits and systems
- Experience in circuit and system simulation tools such as PLECS, Saber, Matlab/Simulink etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaborative team environment
- Unfailing dedication to deadlines and commitments
- Strong record of publications and patents
- Understanding of wide band gap power devices and drives (e.g. SiC and GaN)
- Experience in advanced real-time and embedded digital control with DSP and FPGA hardware, firmware and software
- Knowledge of integrated packaging technologies for power electronic components (semiconductors, passives etc.) and advanced thermal management
- Experience in advanced magnetics material and components, advanced capacitor technologies and energy storage components
- Knowledge of various electrical machine topologies and control techniques
- Understanding of EMI/EMS design guidelines for high frequency power electronic circuits
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Global Research is one of the world’s most diversified industrial research labs, providing innovative technology for all of GE’s businesses. GE Global Research locations are in Niskayuna, New York (headquarters) and in Bangalore, India.
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.