Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
Project engineer to support equipment capacity and cost-out programs at the Bucyrus lamp plant. Travel required to Bucyrus and suppliers (50-60%)
· Utilize mechanical and electrical engineering skills to design, procure and install equipment for LED platforms.
· Support production rampup and cost-out actions to improve equipment efficiency.
· Manage suppliers during the equipment design and build process.
· Ensure clear and proactive communication of program risk / failures / delays to leadership.
· Analyze and diagnose complicated issues during development & production and take appropriate actions
· Apply Six Sigma/DFSS tools in defining design, process and equipment.
· Flexibility to work different shifts and support production team.
· Integrate with global team and drive best practices for new processes, equipment and quality
· BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree.
· Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Minimum 2-3 years PLC experience.
· Minimum 2-3 years AutoCad experience reviewing drawings, change updates and design.
· Travel required to Bucyrus and suppliers (50-60%).
· Highly motivated
· Excellent team player with strong values
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organization skills.
· Demonstrated ability in problem solving
· Strong leadership skills and customer focus
GE Lighting: Bringing the Future to Light
We started with the light bulb, an invention that fulfilled the basic human desire to see and experience more of the world. Today, light still delivers on that promise. But, it does so much more.
At GE Lighting, we’re not just reinventing the light bulb. We’re reinventing the productivity, wellness and security that comes with it. We’re extending beyond the bulb to access new markets, we’re scaling smart and we’re leading in a world where lighting drives value in our homes from the socket to the switch to the smart phone…and the cloud in between.
Our innovators think bigger and bolder to deliver for our customers and transform spaces no one else has, and we’re using that grit to lead into the next 130 years, where new outcomes and opportunities are robust…yet still as simple as screwing in a light bulb.
GE Lighting. Bringing the Future to Light.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).