Power Gas Power Systems
The Electrician will install, repair, and maintain all electrical and Facilities mechanical systems and equipment. In this role you will drive cycle time improvements, EHS actions, and design and implement necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing improvements. This is a Union Position with an hourly range beginning at least at $25.56/hour and dependent on qualifications, but topping rate of$34.48/hour. The progression to new rate is every 6 months
As the Electrician you will:
· Troubleshoot & repair equipment and building electrical systems. Maintain and repair electrical components such as motors, transformers, switch gear, rectifiers, control systems, fire alarms, motor control centers, and shop machinery power feeds.
· Run conduit, replace fuses, make new electrical gear installations, troubleshoot circuitry.
· Perform office electrical maintenance, light trimming, & new installations.
· Work with schematics and wiring diagrams, order material.
· Make comprehensive inspection using a variety of inspection instruments and gauges to detect malfunctions
· Analyze and diagnose cause of malfunctions, failures, and repetitive manufacturing problems and recommend and implement proper corrective actions
· Analyze malfunctions and execute the repair of control systems and install, maintain, or modify such systems
· Perform facilities and equipment maintenance, as needed
· Plan, layout, rig, move, erect, and install complex equipment and machinery, overhead cranes, etc.
· Keep work areas and equipment clean and operating safely
· Train others, as necessary
· Participate in and own Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) initiatives and performance throughout the plant
· Identify and implement process improvement opportunities to improve quality and product flow
· Participate in lean initiatives, using 6 Sigma tools for process improvements
· Identify and implement Kaizens for continuous improvement
· Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related discipline ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability and willingness to work off shifts and weekends
· Minimum 2 years of industry related experience
· Experience in the Mechanical and Electrical field
· Certified training and equivalent experience or certificate and degree program
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).